Friday, May 29, 2015

Shameless Self Promotion



I figured I could just as well promote my own music a bit.


Both pieces are in 11-tone equal temperament - a scale most of my readers probably never have heard anything in, since almost all western music is either in 12-tone equal temperament or in some "adaptive just intonation" of some vague sort. This adds quite a number of complications for the composer to grapple with, but I think I've rather managed to overcome some of these challenges with these two pieces – the first two instalments of a series of songs with somewhat similar ideas underlying them.

For the record, microtonal theorists kept saying that 11-tone equal temperament is very useless except for atonal music until at the very least a fair bit into the previous decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment